Monday, March 25, 2013

More Felt Flowers...

Hello Crafteroos!

I hope that you are not too mad at the lack of posts here!?  So very sorry.
I have been crafting lots and have photos to prove it!  ;-)

I decided to procrastinate from getting our tax (inside I'm screaming at the sound of that word!) info all prepped for the accountant and I made a few "different" felt flowers.  I took the advice of a friend who commented on a blog post, way back in the first couple of weeks, about trying other styles of flowers.  I admit to copping out in the past because the flowers that I had been doing were soooooo very easy.  But no more!  These new ones are just as easy and so lovely!  

Here are some video tutorials...

Rolled Rosettes with fabric... by "a girl & a glue gun"

Here are my attempts...

I just took two t-shirts that I wasn't wearing anymore and cut strips from the bottom.


The one on the left, is one that I did with just one wide strip of material.

The next links are just to picture tutorials, I am sure that if you went to You Tube and typed in felt flower tutorial, you would find hundreds! ;-)

The loopy felt flower



Over at Craftiness is not Optional, there is a great tutorial for this flower.  

Here are my versions... I tried four different ways...

 Wide and short "petals"

 Long and narrow...

Wider with angled ends...

And I decided the longer and narrow was the best looking...




Love this one!

Made a blue one with the shorter "petals" but a longer strip on felt and it was pretty cute, too! ;-)

Another easy one is a flower that I found over at "he asked. i said yes".
This link shows a few different flowers, but I only tried this one...

It is called the "Mum".

I don't think that mine looks much like a "Mum"?


The last flower to show you today is the Giant Felt Flower...


I found this beauty over at "Sewing in No Mans Land"

Her picture tutorial is pretty straight forward and it takes a little more effort and time but the end result is awesome!

Look what I did!!  


Just think what I could do with more colours!!  The left picture is a trued representation of the colours, but I wanted to show that the flower is the size of my HAND!!  I am sure that it can be made in a smaller size (I have seen many on Pinterest).

That's it for today... 
here is a preview that a friend sent of something that she is making for me and will be guest blogging about in the future!


It's a surprise for you all so you will have to wait to see...

Until next time...


ps. Pinterest Friendly Image:


No comments:

Post a Comment