Monday, March 11, 2013

Embrace the Bleaching Technique

Hello Crafters!

Up first... an apology...
So sorry for my absence!  Tax season always makes we cringe and this year is no exception and it's not yet over, so I cannot promise consistent posts.  My goal today (Sunday) is to write a bunch of posts up to have ready, so I can just post them and get back to the tax grind... :(

Now, lets get down to a bit of crafting, shall we?  

I did procrastinate one day and tried the Bleach Technique which turned out pretty nice, if I do say so my self... you will see.  
One warning that I do have for you is...
bleach has a really STRONG, almost headache inducing, smell!  If you have scent issues, this is not something that you want to try.  
For all the products used in this post, you can find them through my Crack Dealer's friend, Kathy's, demonstrator page.
I had tried it ages ago with a plastic dish and a paint brush and I didn't really LOVE it, so I left it... then I found Frenchie!  She posted this tutorial and have been meaning to try it forever!  


The other warning that I have is to find yourself an Aqua Painter for doing this technique. Once you get it into the reservoir, it is so easy and CLEANER!

I purchased the same paper, Brushed Silver Paper, that she uses in the above video and went to town... here's my versions...


Other than the Aqua Painter with my bleach in it, I used the Brushed Silver Paper, an Embossing BuddyVersaMark ink pad, Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, my Heat Tool (I have the older one, but the new one has 2 heat settings!) and numerous stamps.



This is after the image is completely ready for bleaching.  Then you just "paint" away with your bleach paint brush and.... voila!...





As you can see I coloured up a storm!  For the flowers I used co-ordinating punches (Fancy Flower Punch and the 2-3/8 Inch Scallop Circle Punch) with the stamps ("Flower Fest", which is a retired stamp set from Stampin' Up!) that I used.

I hope that you all give this technique a shot, it's fun and super easy!

Thanks for reading and 
until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment