Wednesday, February 06, 2013

WHAAAT!? A Pool Noodle Wreath!?

Heeeellllllooooooooo crafters!

So like the title states... you can skip spending the big $$$ on the foam wreaths in the crafts stores and buy a simple pool noodle and make one yourself...


My Two Butterflies blog is the spot that I found this great and pretty simple tutorial.


Now, this blog suggest buying the pool noodle at a dollar store... unfortunately for me, I was unable to find any at my Dollarama stores here in Burlington.  I found mine for pretty cheap in Walmart.  I have yet to attempt to make one with the 4 noodles that I purchased, but I will be shortly.  Looks pretty quick and easy and let me tell ya, the ones at Michael's are too pricey for me.  Especially since I know that I can make them out of a simple pool noodle for a 10th of the cost!  

Here are some of the types of wreaths that I want to make with my pool noodles....



These two are just a matter of wrapping yarn around the noodle and adding a felt flower embellishment...


This one is just so cute and I want to make it for Easter!  The link is to my Pin on Pinterest and it links to a Chinese blog and I can't find the wreath... but the Pin image tells you enough about how to make it.


Here is a link to the Pin for the above winter wreath... it will take you to a site that has many different ideas for this white furry base.  All are lovely!


 This little cutie is at this Pin and it will link you to a fabulous idea to just make one wrapped base/pool noodle and make several embellishments to interchange!  It's really a great idea!  
I hope that you found these tips and links useful and are going to try making a pool noodle wreath yourself!  Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading and 
until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment