Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

Hello Crafters,

Today I am talking about a technique that is all over the Internet for card making/scrap booking.

The Chalkboard Technique...

First up is the video tutorial from my favourite:




This next video tutorial is from Papertrey Ink and she used a different colour, more of a green/blue chalkboard look.


Here are my attempts....


Here's all the cards that I made


This one was made at my Card Night on the weekend.  We used the Embossing Buddy for the chalk dust marks in the background and then added some of the white ink too.  I used just the white ink.  Either way, it does the trick. 



This is my favourite that I made.  I used some red and blue watercolour pencils to add some colour to the telephone booth.

PS: the Stamp Set that I used is one of the "Sale-A-Bration" sets from Stampin' Up!  Currently, for each $60 that you spend you get one free item from the Sale-A-Bration flyer... this one is one of those free ones...


I have really enjoyed trying the Chalkboard technique and I will be making some more today, probably!  ;-)

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear feedback.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment